Award-winning chef Mary Dumont opens PlantPub in Boston
Boston celebrity chef Mary Dumont, craft beer entrepreneur Pat McAuley and world-renowned impact investor Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni have teamed up to launch PlantPub (www.plantpub.com; 675 West Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA ), combining plant-based versions of beloved pub fare with a range of craft beers and modern non-alcoholic beers in Cambridge’s Kendall Square in the greater Boston area.
PlantPub’s mission is to make plant-based food accessible and fun for everyone, enabling people to eat better for themselves and for the planet in a familiar and social setting, the pub. With a focus on supporting the most sustainable local farmers, craft brewers and the best herbal brands on the market, PlantPub’s goal is to redefine the pub.
A Food and wine Best New Chef, winner of Boston Magazine Best New Restaurant, and Boston Eater Chef of the Year, Mary Dumont has appeared on Iron Chef, Top Chef, The Today Show and more. At PlantPub, she combines her decades of experience with her desire to make the world a softer, more sustainable place. Farmer, lover of the outdoors, and mother of human and canine women, Dumont has teamed up with serial entrepreneur McAuley. Boston native, plant-fueled triathlete, podcast host and TEDx speaker, McAuley and Dumont are joined by impact investor Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni, one of the world’s foremost plant investors, entrepreneurs and activists and owner price. winner of the Tuscan vineyard Querciabella, with the aim of creating foods that are both impressive for the palate and having a positive impact on the planet.
PlantPub’s 100% plant-based menu spans the world Bites and healthy Balls to satisfy Buns and hamburger, as well as a selection of Pizzas and Desserts. Highlights include:
- Cauliflower Wings: Fried Cauliflower with Choice of Style – Buffalo, Truffle Buffalo or Korean BBQ, served with Dill Ranch Dressing
- Tahini chicken bowl: grated beets, carrots, avocado, garlic hummus, spicy chickpeas, kale, almonds, chicken, tahini vinaigrette
- Kimchi Burger: choice of Impossible or Veggie burger, cheese, spicy sesame coleslaw, fried marinade, kimchi aioli, artisan bread
- Fried chicken sandwich: regular or Buffalo style with truffle. Fried chicken, red onion, ranch coleslaw, lettuce, pickles, artisan bread
- Buffalo Pizza: crispy buffalo cauliflower, red onion, melted mozzarella, herb ranch dressing
The impressive beverage program reflects McAuley’s extensive experience in the craft beer industry, from session beers to handpicked local IPAs; as well as wines by the glass and a strong alcohol-free program. Highlights include:
- HopLark HopTea: hop tea, Boulder CO. 0.0% ABV
- Ghia aperitif: alcohol-free aperitif, Los Angeles. 0.0% ABV
- Rescue Club Brewing Co IPA: Alcohol-free IPA, Burlington, VT
- Pulp Culture: Adaptogenic Hard Squeezed Juice, Los Angeles, CA 4.9% ABV
- Vermont Beer Makers Verd: Vermont IPA, Springfield, VT, 5.2% ABV
- Vitamin Sea Brewing Elusive: New England IPA, Weymouth, MA 6.8% ABV
- Orono Brewing Tubular: New England IPA, Orono, ME 7.2% ABV
- Burlington Beer Co. It’s hard to be a wizard: NE IPA, Williston, VT 8.0% ABV
- Querciabella: Mongrana, Tuscany, IT 12.5% ABV
The restaurant is located in the heart of Kendall Square, facing the welcoming outdoor space of Henri A. Termeer Square, with 30 seats between its indoor + outdoor patio. The walls are made of Canna Grove hemp plank, which honors every plank purchased with the planting of a tree. The counters are made with recycled durum wheat, reflecting the sustainability of PlantPub in the physical space.
PlantPub opens with quick, relaxed service from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, with plans to expand to Sunday and Monday.
The news and information presented in this press release has not been corroborated by QSR, Food News Media or Journalistic, Inc.