Bloomberg: Sony Corporation weighs offer to acquire Leyou Technologies
Sony Corporation is considering a bid for Hong Kong-based Leyou Technologies, which owns Warframe Digital Extremes developer and Gear tactics developer Splash Damage, according to a Bloomberg report.
The company would work with a financial advisor on a potential offer for the company. Sony Corporation hopes to get ahead of other bidders with greater funding certainty, with Leyou Technology majority shareholder Charles Yuk aiming to pick a buyer and sign a deal as early as this month, according to the report.
Talks are underway and a final decision has not been made, and other bidders may still emerge, the report concludes. Contacted by Bloomberg, representatives for Sony Corporation and Leyou Technologies declined to comment.
In addition to the aforementioned subsidiaries, Leyou Technologies also owns the Los Angeles-based publishing label Athlon Games, which released Samurai Shodown in North America and Europe; holds a minority interest in Certain Affinity; and is working with Amazon on an online game based on The Lord of the Rings.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the entire article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments behind the wheelincluding trolling, baiting, or posting poop.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No begging for port.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (non-nude only). For example:
Woe to Leomon.Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful to other commentators. You don’t have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a reviewer is breaking this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to modify or remove any comments without notice. This comments policy is subject to change at any time.