Free Comic Book Day, Mother’s Day and more this weekend
COLORADO SPRINGS — There’s no shortage of things to do with the family this weekend in southern Colorado.
What: Free Comic Book Day
Participating comic shops give away free comics while supplies last.
When: Saturday May 7th. Most start at 10 a.m., but check the opening hours of your store of choice.
Comic Book Stores in Southern Colorado:
- Muse Comics + Games – 1338 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Escape Velocity Comics – 19 E Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- CK Comics – 719 Manitou Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
- KaPow Comics & Coffee – 4239 N Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- The Iron Lion – 8003 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Video Game Exchange and Comic Vault – 830 E Fillmore St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Heroes and Dragons – 4408 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Outer Limits Comics & Collectibles – 427 S Santa Fe Ave, Pueblo, CO 81003
The Pikes Peak Library District will also be distributing free comics with the help of Muse Comics + Games, at all PPLD locations.
What: Resource Exchange KidsFest
Free and open to the public, this event brings together community partners, families and area organizations to have fun and participate in hands-on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities.
When: Saturday May 7th. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Or: Ute Pass Cultural Center 210 E. Midland Ave. Woodland Park, CO 80863
What: Cañon City Music and Flower Festival
Annual event featuring a parade, carnival, local vendors, rodeo, fun 5k run, food and lots of live music.
When: May 4-8. Check the Events Calendar for specific event information.
Or: Veterans Park and Main Street, Cañon City
What: Free admission to the US Olympic & Paralympic Museum for moms
The museum invites all mothers to discover the history of America’s greatest athletes through memorable artifacts, interactive exhibits and immersive technology. To redeem, simply select “mothers” at checkout.
When: May 6-8. The USOPM is open Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or: 200 S Sierra Madre St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903