Gal Gun Returns announced for Xbox One, Switch and PC
Inti Creates announced Gal Gun returns for Xbox One, Switch and PC (Steam). In Japan and Asia, it will launch for Xbox One and Switch on January 28, 2021 and PC via Steam in February 2021 for 5,800 yen. In the west, it will launch for all three platforms in 2021 via publisher PQube. The Xbox One and PC versions will be available digitally worldwide, while the Switch version will be available both physically and digitally.
In Japan, the Switch version will also be available in a limited edition of 9,800 yen, which includes a 100-page commemorative art book with illustrations and more of each game in the game. Girl Gun series, a vocal album gathering all the vocal tracks of Gal Gun returns (including newly recorded thematic songs) and a special box with exclusive packaging. Pre-orders for either edition include a scented Kaname Nonomiya bookmark.
Gal Gun returns is a remastered version of the original Girl Gun, which first launched for Xbox 360 in January 2011 in Japan, followed by PlayStation 3 with additional characters and support for PlayStation Move in February 2012. This is the first time the original Girl Gun will come out in the west.
Here’s a look at the game, via PQube:
As the franchise turns 10 next year, what better way to celebrate than to bring the game that started it all but never left Japan, in all its glorious remastered form, to the West: Gal Gun returns! It’s time for the faithful Girl Gun-ners and new fans to discover the roots of Girl Gun and her many unknown panties!
Girl Gun is the entertaining story of a young man who becomes “super popular” with the opposite sex and now lives the “miserable” life of having every woman who looks his way confess her undying love for him.
But he must arm himself with courage and fend off these future lovers with his “special weapon” (known as pheromone shooting), as he tries to win the affection of one of the main protagonists. Girl Gun is the crazy combination of arcade style shooting action and dating simulation that truly has no equal.
Much more… for your pleasure.
- So many choices! – You’ll face – and romance – a huge cast of over 70 characters! From heroines to angels, students to faculty members, and even some women who are pretty rare sightings, you have plenty of choices in which waifu (s) to choose as your true love!
- Give them the euphoria – Although pheromone shots are effective, everyone has a special point that makes them weak at the knees… If you aim correctly and see a “ハ ッ” (Ha) or “キ ュ ン” (Kyun), land your shot to score a 1- hit euphoric KO with the ecstasy shot and get bonus points!
- Is your heart beating faster? – The one and only Doki-Doki Mode is back and ready to showcase girls’ best assets from all angles – if you meet the right criteria! If you fill the girls’ gauge before the time runs out, you will eliminate all enemies on the screen while bringing the girls into euphoria! To top it off, you will receive a special reward for your… efforts.
- Improvements and new features – Ten years have passed since the original, and these girls are even more charming than ever! Small changes such as hairstyles and other fine details have been improved! Brand new CGs have been added for the introduction of each heroine, as well as in many instances throughout the story!
- A variety of game modes! – Fall in love with the girl of your dreams in Story Mode, show off your sniper skills in Score Attack Mode, live out your fantasy of a multi-party Doki Doki mode with the all-new Doki Doki Carnival, and much more!
- Preloaded downloadable content! – From bikinis to aprons and more, the popular DLC outfits of the era are ready to be enjoyed right off the bat!
- Full voice – Each of the more than 70 girls in the game is fully voiced! Revel in every minute of the performance of this incredible cast!
- End gallery mode – Over 250 illustrations, old and new, are ready to view!
- The most imperious – The real aesthetic in these hidden areas is what Girl Gun is all! In total, 423 types of panties are to be discovered! There may even be more to come ?!
North America and Europe