Impossible 7 production shutdowns due to positive COVID-19 test
Mission: Impossible 7 production hit a snag after a positive COVID-19 test.
RELATED: Tom Cruise talks about berating MI7 crew over COVID protocols
As initially stated by Hollywood journalist, at least one production member has tested positive for COVID-19. Therefore, Mission: Impossible 7 production was halted until June 14.
“We temporarily halted production on Mission: Impossible 7 until June 14, due to positive coronavirus test results during routine testing. We are following all security protocols and will continue to monitor the situation, ”read a production statement confirming the package.
This is another COVID-related setback for the film, which certainly won’t make star Tom Cruise happy. Cruis had already launched a tirade against people violating the COVID-19 protocol on the set.
“It can get heavy. Difficult and personal, ”Cruise recently told Empire Magazine of the rant. “I said what I said. There was also a wave in England at that time. And there was a lot at stake at the time. But it was not my whole crew. I asked the team to leave the set, and it was just chosen people. And the wonderful thing is that we never closed again. And here we are, continuing to film.
RELATED: Tom Cruise’s Top Gun: Maverick & Mission: Impossible Sequels Delayed
Join Cruise and Hayley Atwell Return Impossible mission alums Rebecca Ferguson (Doctor Sleep), Simon Pegg (Loan Player One), Ving Rhames (pulp Fiction), Vanessa Kirby (Hobbs & Shaw) and Henri Czerny (Ready or Not) as well as newcomers Shea Whigham (Joker), Pom Klementieff (Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Avengers: Infinity War) and Esai Morales (the Bamba, Titans) who will replace Nicholas Hoult (Mad Max: Fury Road) for the role of villain.
Mission: Impossible 7 is scheduled to premiere on May 27, 2022.