May 24, 2021 – Multiversity comic strip
Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily analysis of comic book news that we missed the day before. Do you have a link to share? Email our team at [email protected]
In case you missed it, BOOM! The studios announced “Eat the Rich”, and we took a look at the August “Black Hammer” books. Comic book writer / reporter David A. Kraft is also deceased.
Art by Jeremy Haun
– “The Beauty” by Jeremy Haun and Jason Hurley, an ongoing horror series at Image, is ready to come back in september with its final arc “All the Good Things”. Haun will be replaced on artistic homework by Matthew Dow Smith, although Haun has hinted that he will return to draw a part himself. “I am proud to finally be able to announce the conclusion of my and Jason Hurley’s long epic story on our efforts to be ‘beautiful’,” said Haun. “The Beauty: All Good Things” concludes this series exactly as we always expected. ““ The Beauty ”# 29, the latest issue in the series, was released in September 2019.
– “Locke & Key / The Sandman Universe: Hell & Gone” # 2, the latest issue of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez’s surreal horror crossover, was solicited with his three blankets revealed. Principal cover artist Gabriel Rodriguez will be supported by variant cover artists and “Sandman” veterans Kelley Jones and JH Williams III, the artists behind “Seasons of Mist” and “Sandman: Overture” respectively. The 48-page comic is scheduled for release on August 31 for US $ 6.99.
– Z2 Comics creates a biography Freddie Mercury OGN this november. “Freddie Mercury: Lover of Life, Singer of Songs” will be written by Tres Dean with a wide range of attached artists including Kyla Smith, Robin Richardson, Safiya Zerrougui, Tammy Wang and Amy Liu. The book will divide the life of Mercury into smaller episodes, each featuring a different artist. The 136-page OGN includes a David Mack artwork and is available for pre-order, with a deluxe edition including a vinyl LP of the solo compilation Never boringand prints by Sarah Jones, Kyla Smith and Sanya Anwar.
– Archie Comics is celebrate the character’s 80th birthday with “The Best of Archie Comics: 80 Years, 80 Stories”, a compilation of the character’s best unique numbers, with one story from each year between 1941 and 2021. In addition to the wide array of stories, the Special Graphic Novel will also include a behind-the-scenes section on how Archie has been produced over the years. The comic is scheduled for release on August 25, at over 700 pages. Archie Comics hasn’t revealed any of the stories to be included.
– Vault Comics has confirmed “The Unfinished Corner,” a graphic novel in their YA Wonderbound print, will be released on October 19. The 220-page fantasy OGN of writer Dani Colman, artist Rachel “Tuna” Petrovicz and colorist Whitney Cogar is based on Jewish mythology. An 8-page overview can be viewed at Rhythm; Vault has also confirmed Wonderbound’s first print collection from the “Verse, Book One: The Broken Half” web comic. will come out September 28.
– By press release, Diamond Comics distributors unveiled Pullbox, a new online service associated with PREVIEWSworld that allows customers to manage their pre-orders and subscriptions with participating comic book stores, will launch on June 7. The service syncs any orders, pre-orders, or subscriptions that users make on PREVIEWSworld with their local comic book store, leaving it ready to be picked up as soon as it is released. Users can also manage a wishlist, track orders, or receive alerts for newcomers. “We took advantage of an extended beta testing period to add more features and improve the functionality of these tools,” said Chris Powell, Director of Sales and Service. “We’ve already heard from many retailers that PREVIEWSworld Pullbox has increased their sales while providing additional convenience to their customers and I’m excited to roll it out to a much larger audience with this launch.”
– A first look at The combination of Bart Allen aka Impulse has been revealed. The character is expected to debut in Flash season 7. Jordan Fisher’s Bart will appear alongside Jessica Parker Kennedy’s Nora Allen in the 150th episode of “Heart of the Matter, Part 1.” The CW’s promotional image is reminiscent of Bart Allen’s return in Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter’s “The Flash” # 50 as part of the “Flash War” story arc. Flash Episode 150 airs on July 13.
– The anime League of Super-Pets the feature film has found its star, with Dwayne Johnson has signed on to play Krypto the Superdog. With Johnson in the role, his production company Seven Bucks pledged to produce. DC League of Super-Pets is written and directed by Jared Stern with a scheduled release date of May 20, 2022. No other stars are attached yet.
– Finally, according to Variety, Lucasfilm has taken Star Wars: New Republic Rangers excluding active development. No reason was given for the indefinite hiatus, although it could likely be linked to the company’s decision not to renew Gina Carano’s contract. Many viewed Carano as the show’s most likely protagonist. Rangers of the New Republic was originally intended to result in a cross with the next Ahsoka and The Mandalorian season 3, both of which will be released after this winter Boba Fett’s book.