Samuel L Jackson Finds Out He’s Not Banned From Saturday Night Live
Samuel L Jackson said he was not banned from appearing on Saturday Night Livealthough he believed it before.
the pulp Fiction The star last appeared on the sketch comedy show in 2012. After accidentally cursing on air, Jackson felt like a long time SNL boss Lorne Michaels had banned him from appearing on the show again.
From the sketch, Jackson said he expected SNL actor Kenan Thompson to cut him off before the F-word could completely slip out of his mouth. “He didn’t interrupt me soon enough and I said the forbidden word on TV,” Jackson explained in an interview with the former SNL actor Leslie Jones in March 2022.
But in a new interview on The winner PodcastJackson said Michaels had since assured him he was welcome on the program.
“Are you ever gonna let me back on the show?” Jackson, who hosted the program once in 1998, asked Michaels during a recent chance encounter.
Michaels reportedly told him, “You’re not banned!” When Jackson insisted he was, Michaels simply reiterated, “No, you’re not!”
However, Jackson added that he wasn’t entirely convinced by Michaels’ refusal, saying, “So maybe I’m not. I do not know.”
Earlier this year, Jackson said he would like to return as Mace Windu in his own star wars spin off. Jackson, who appeared in all three prequel trilogy films, revealed to Josh Horowitz the Happy Sad Confused podcast that he had even made the plea for The Mandalorian director Bryce Dallas Howard.
Rumored in 2020, Jackson will appear in a prequel to Windu on Disney Plus. Although the Oscar nominee has always been open about his desire to return to the star wars universe, little was said about such a project until Jackson’s recent comments.